At STREADS INC. (“STREADS”), we are committed to protecting the information you provide to us. This includes information that we receive from your online communications with us, such as your visits to our web site and your transactions through the Internet, and other electronic services we provide. We want you to know how we collect information about you and how we use it. We also want to assure you that we will always respect your privacy and the confidentiality of personal information about you. This policy is also to let you know that you may contact us at (786) 656.50.69 or write to STREADS Info@streads.com. USA to notify us of any erroneous information we may have. Please include your full name, street address, telephone number including area code, and social security number. Upon notification, we will investigate and make appropriate corrections. Please allow up to six weeks for this process to be completed.
This policy applies equally to active and inactive Advertisers and Driver Partners as well as to former Advertisers and Driver Partners.
Collection, Use, and Retention of Your Information
STREADS collects, uses, and retains information about you only when we reasonably believe that the information is necessary to conduct our business properly, provide excellent service to you and to offer you additional products and services. We will tell you why we collect and retain certain information upon request.
Maintaining the Accuracy of Your Information
STREADS is committed to maintaining the accuracy of your information. We educate our employees and establish procedures to assure that records of your financial transactions are accurate, current, and complete in accordance with reasonable industry standards. If you become aware of any inaccurate information contained in our records, you should contact us at Info@streads.com and we will undertake to investigate any inaccuracy and to correct it as promptly as possible. You are also entitled to request a copy of your credit report from credit reporting agencies and to have credit reporting agencies investigate and correct any inaccuracies contained in their reports.
Protection and Confidentiality of Nonpublic Personal Information
STREADS educates its employees about the critical importance of confidentiality and privacy. We take appropriate disciplinary action, if required, to enforce this responsibility among our employees. Access to information is only provided to those employees with a valid reason for knowing such information for us to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard information.
Categories of Nonpublic Personal Information We May Collect When appropriate in conducting business, we may collect “nonpublic personal information” about you from a variety of sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms or visits to our Internet web site (such as Social Security number, assets, income, and debts);
• Information about your transactions with us (such as account balance and payment history);
• Information (such as your creditworthiness and credit history) we may receive from consumer credit reporting agencies.
“Nonpublic personal information” is information that is not available publicly and that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. For example, nonpublic personal information includes information regarding your account balance, payment history, and overdraft history. We limit our collection of information to that which we believe is necessary to conduct our business properly, provide excellent service to you and to offer you additional products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Restriction on the Disclosure of Account Information
STREADS does not disclose nonpublic information about you to anyone, except for the exchange of information with reputable credit reporting agencies or in the performance of bona fide corporate due diligence, unless:
• You request us to do so, or
• The disclosure is required or allowed by law.
Restrictions That Protect Your Privacy in Third-Party Business Relationships
It is sometimes necessary to provide your information to a third party such as a vendor or service provider that we engage to provide you with services. STREADS insists that the third party adhere to strict guidelines for keeping your information confidential.
Privacy on Our Web Site
STREADS’s web site does not require you to disclose any personal information. If, however, you elect to contact us via email, please be aware that your email address, and any other information your email header shows about you, such as your name or business, will be visible to us in the email. When you communicate with us by email, we will only use your email information for the specific purpose of responding to your comments or questions. Your email address will not be sold, nor will it be shared with others outside the institution unless we are required to do so by law.
Customer Security Guidance
Computer Security Tips
Many companies, including STREADS, are taking advantage of the enormous potential offered by public networks such as the Internet by making more and more of their products and services available online. STREADS uses a variety of technologies and techniques to secure its products and services. You can also enhance security and help control risks when using your personal computer or when conducting business online. Here are some of the steps you can take.
Some Basic Guidelines
• Control physical access to your personal computer (PC); that is, do what you can to prevent unauthorized persons from using your PC.
• If you are using your PC and need to walk away from it for any reason, log off or lock your workstation.
• Select passwords that would be difficult for others to guess and change them frequently.
• Do not give your passwords to anyone.
• Report suspicious activity you notice relating to your PC or use of your PC to the appropriate person and do so as quickly as possible. If you notice suspicious activity relating to accounts at STREADS that you access online, call (786) 656.50.69 promptly to report that activity to STREADS.
• Install virus management software on your PC and use it regularly.
• Keep it up to date (i.e., latest signature files, product upgrades).
• Be cautious when downloading and running programs or Java or ActiveX applets as they may contain unsecured data that cannot be filtered using firewall or anti-virus software, for example.
• Use extreme caution when opening email received from unknown sources and pay special attention to any attachments. Do not execute an attachment from an unknown source. When in doubt … delete it without opening it.
• Understand and use the security features provided by your PC software, such as those included in many operating systems, browsers, and word processing systems.
• Ensure that your browser uses the strongest encryption available and be aware of the level of encryption used when you connect to various sites and applications. For example, STREADS’s Internet banking system requires the use of 128-bit encryption. • Use only software from reliable vendors.
• Stay abreast of the latest release and patch levels of the PC software you use.
Communicating with Others